Many of the paintings and drawings I produce are commissioned, often as a gift for a loved one or to commemorate a special occasion like a wedding, Christmas, an anniversary or a birthday. It is also quite common for people to commission paintings for themselves.
Subject matter covered in my previous commissions include portraits, houses, boats, seascapes, landscapes,
and pets (e.g. dogs, cats, horses etc.). If you are thinking of commissioning a painting or drawing then please contact me and I can provide further samples of previous work and give you an accurate cost without any obligation.
The process is fairly simple
- You send your requirements and any photographs
- Timescales and pricing are agreed.
- 20% deposit is required before the work commences.
- The remaining balance due on completion but before delivery.
- The portrait takes between 3-6 weeks to complete.
- Regular updates of the portrait’s progress are provided.
- We can advise you on framing and delivery costs.
- The finished portrait is delivered to your satisfaction.
- We ensure that you are delighted with the result
Cost of commissioning a Portrait
|Approximate Size||1 Subject||2 Subjects||3 Subjects||4 Subjects|
|A4 (20x30cm / 8×12″)||£120||£190||N/A||N/A|
|A3 (30x40cm / 12×17″)||£160||£250||£290||N/A|
|A2 (40x60cm / 17×24″)||£250||£350||£410||N/A|
|A1 (60x85cm / 24×34″)||£390||£480||£580||£680|
These prices above are only for head and shoulders charcoal portrait, 20% will be added on for a full figure portrait
Oil painting portrait additional 20% on the to of any size you choose
Add the object to the portrait, additional £50 each
If you are not happy with the final outcome, I will try to enhance the portrait to your satisfaction. If you are still not happy, you can return the artwork for a full refund.
Please CONTACT ME to discuss any other sizes and I will work out the price for you